Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PMS

To all my sisters, biological and otherwise, who have struggled with PMS for years... I'm sorry. I thought I understood and sympathized. I didn't. Now I do.
While I've always had a bad time with the actual "period" I never really had a hard time with the pre-days. Until the last year or so.
It's so sneaky! You just get the period in the rearview mirror a week or so, it seems, and suddenly molehills turn into mountains. Chocolate is not a nice little treat, it is a necessity. AUGH! You start doubting your sanity. What the heck is going on? Why do I feel this way? OH... waitaminnit... how long has it been.... oh, damn! Now I have THAT to look forward to later in the week.
Oh well. I have also noticed one good thing about it. The last day "before" I usually have a huge surge of energy and can clean the house in one day. Helps make up for losing most of the day #2 of the cycle... Don't ask, you don't wanna know. Just don't expect to see me then.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I always looked forward to that "Burst of Energy" day. I would tell my hubby I was nesting. Wait till you're going through "the change!" You never know when Aunt Flo will show up. Sometimes it's 2 weeks, sometimes it's 5 months. But the foggy headed feeling, the "I'm losing my mind" never lets up. Talk about fun.

    ReplyDelete