Thursday, January 28, 2010

The doctor is your friend...

Kids, take care of your skin!
I went to the dermatologist today. (The doctor is your friend.) I had some red spots on my face and hands that I wanted to get checked. See, my mother and father both had skin cancer, and so I figure I have a good chance of getting it. I've been through this drill before, so I thought it would be no big deal. Ha! When will I learn? Liquid nitrogen applied to your skin is NOT FUN!
I had had it done to my hands before, so, no big deal. Well, when the spots in the Doc's target zone are on your FACE, it's another matter. (The doctor is your friend.) The one by my eye wasn't too bad, but ... the ones on my upper lip? There are nerve endings there! Lots of 'em!
Yes, I'm whining. Yes, I am glad I can get some little patches zapped this way quickly, rather than let the stuff grow until it requires real surgery. The doctor is my friend. OW! Dang it, I am TRYING to be still! Hey, can I take a few deep breaths before we go on...? Like a hundred?

No comments:

Post a Comment